CyberDegrees.org was created in 2013 by Degree Prospects, a Washington, DC-based publisher of informational websites in higher education that has been in business since 2008.
The goal of this website is to provide the most comprehensive information available to aspiring students of cyber security, primarily in terms of detailed listings of the degree and certificate programs available to them from US colleges and universities, and secondarily through a range of informative articles on career paths and on topics relevant to cyber security jobs and education, such as government security clearances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Degree Prospects located? Our founder is based in Washington, DC, but our employees are located around the US.
- Is Degree Prospects a nonprofit, or a for-profit company? Degree Prospects is a for-profit entity.
- How does this website make money? CyberDegrees.org makes money through referral fees paid by colleges and universities listed in the sections of our site marked “advertisement” (for example, the “Featured Schools” block at the top of most of our pages). Most of these fees are paid on a per-inquiry basis; that is, a visitor from our site clicks a link in our ad, is taken to an inquiry form run by our customer (the college or university, or an ad agency working on their behalf), and fills out a request form online in order to get more information about a specific program.
- How often do you update the website? We update the website every couple of weeks; sometimes more often. The most common kind of update we make is adding new programs to our database.
- I noticed you’re missing a program. How do I get it added? Simply send us an email ([email protected]) with the homepage (from the college/university website) of the program that needs to be added to our directory. We’ll take care of the rest.
- How can I get in touch with you? The best way is to email [email protected] Those emails are forwarded directly to our team, and serious inquiries will get a prompt response.
- But I want to send you a holiday card! Can I please have your address? Oh, sure. You can send it to:
Degree Prospects, LLC
PO Box 40134
Washington, DC 20016
Thanks for visiting! We hope our site succeeds in answering the questions that led you to it.